Creative, analytical thinking to manage The Kumoïte’s search strategies and optimization efforts, helping writers and editors create content that drives organic traffic and build The Kumoïte’s position in the publishing space.
You would act as both an editor and a strategist, doing hands-on optimization edits for news content while pitching and creating content strategies for The Kumoïte’s editorial team. You would train and inform best practices and strategies that promote strong storytelling with an increase in SEO traffic, search visibility and keyword ranking for The Kumoïte.
You are knowledgeable in journalism best practices, search optimization and user experience, data analysis, KUMO content and the media industry as a whole.
You follow subculture news closely and are knowledgeable on current events.
You understand both data and web-writing and are able to motivate the editorial team and lead them to success.
What could be asked from you:
- Guide The Kumoite’s writers on SEO and UX best practices to maximize search visits on news stories
- Create SEO strategies to maximize organic traffic for The Kumoïte
- Elevate The Kumoïte’s presence in Google search as a resource for and authority on independent art world news
- Do hands-on optimization for stories published in The Kumoïte and reoptimize old content, as needed
- Identify up-and-coming moments to pre-plan search content around news events
- Pitch news stories and advise writers on the best way to execute stories to maximize traffic: you should be enough of an expert on the news to pitch content that makes sense in a way that captures user search
- Create content strategies for live events and big news moments as they unfold, pitching and optimizing content in real-time
- Continue our search growth – aiming for 10% YpY search growth for The Kumoïte
- Pitch content with an eye towards search, providing recommendations for evergreen and timely keywords and topics, creating strategies to gain authority in topics – success will be measured in organic traffic and meeting monthly numerical goals
- Find new opportunities to maximize SERP for strategic topics/keywords
- Work on analyzing and communicating metrics related to search traffic and keyword performance to the larger editorial team
To apply you will need to send an e-mail to email@example.com including the following:
– a resume
– a short cover letter, including your availabilities and location
– a portfolio of existing creations
Please include the position you are applying for and your name in the object of the e-mail.
PLEASE CONTACT US IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT APPLYING TO THIS JOB